Saturday, 30 April 2011

The English know how to do it!

Wow, those Windsor's know how to put on a wedding. The Parker household was up nice, bright and early this morning with wedding fever. The television coverage started at 8am GMT and we were glued, well OK I was glued to it keeping one eye on the television whilst I prepared our wedding feast of a fine English Tea served upon the most beautiful English vintage china from www.teacupsandtiaras.co.uk

Cala arrived around 9am and we put on our English roses, tiara's and had our flags at the ready. Marie our neighbour joined us along with Andy. It was a truly royal affair.

I thought Kate Middleton looked stunning, yes she played it safe with her dress but I think this was the right way to go as future queen of our country. I thought it was fantastically run with surpurb taste and it was nice to see the Royal Family show their emotions. As Will and Kate said "I do" we cracked open the bubbly and enjoyed our traditional English Tea.

It was then up to Aunty Jo's for their street, good old English fun - welly throwing, tug of war, bouncy castle, etc. Back home in time for me to be glued to the highlights for the rest of the evening.

We have every right to be proud to be English today!

P.S. Yes we did cry (well Cala and I)























































































































No comments:

 

blog hit counters