Friday, 11 June 2010

Party planning

Daisy's 6th Birthday party is on Sunday morning. She is having ten friends at home for a 'Pink Hello Kitty' Party. As I am in the process of setting up a Children's Party Company that stays away from the commercial decorations I have had to be a bit creative with the Hello Kitty theme, the party is mainly a pink theme with elements of Hello Kitty.

First was the invitations, my business partyner Jo designed the invites and I did the envelopes. I stuck little glitter circles in the middle of Kitty's hair bow to add the sparkly touch.














Next up was the party bags, I didnt want to buy plastic ones so I decided to make my own, once I figured out what I was doing they were pretty simple to make.










1. I drew a Hello Kitty head shape free hand on card, I also did the same with the bow.
2. I then cut out the shapes in felt (white for the head, pink for the bow)
3. I cut the whiskers, nose and eyes free hand
4. I stuck the face to the bag along with the bow, eyes, whiskers and nose with fabric glue
5. Jo then designed a personalised label and I tied it to the bag with ribbon
6. A custom Hello Kitty Bag

This was my first attempt and I was pretty pleased with how they turned out.

No comments:

 

blog hit counters